Monday, October 25, 2010

Officiants and Discounts for Music

I feel like I could take on a used car salesman with my awesome negotiating skills! OH, SNAP! I got our DJ to come down $200 from his original quote. While some brides spend upwards of $2,000 on a DJ, we didn't plan on doing that which is why I am proud of myself for being so (cheap) thrifty. I’m feeling so confident I might even consider trying to talk my grocery bill down next week.

On Thursday we are meeting with a potential officiant. I’m excited, but not sure what to expect. I have an idea for which readings I want (still a secret for guests) and we are picking out the music. But what should we do about vows? Should we write our own? Should we go with traditional vows? When I had talked with Mr. P about this he said “Wait, I have to give a speech in front of people?!” Um, yes Dear. That’s kinda the point of a wedding…to profess your love and commitment to one another in front of witnesses.

I’m also not sure what order things are supposed to go in. Sometimes people do readings before the vows, sometimes after and then throw in an “I Do” at some point. What about music? How is it all supposed to flow? Hopefully our officiant can walk us through these logistics. I found a few questions to ask the Reverend and hopefully we can get to know each other a little more when we meet. I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment