Monday, October 18, 2010

Denver Rock and Roll Half Marathon

Yesterday, Mrs. E, Mr. E and me ran the Denver Rock and Roll Half Marathon. It was a beautiful morning for a run. This run has not really been on my radar for the last few weeks because I've occupied myself with everything bridal. I was shocked when it was the night before the race and I still hadn't decided which running clothes to wear, or if I was going to wear an ipod or what watterbottle I would use if I decided to use one at all. Needless to say I was not prepared.

Sunday at 6am arrived very quickly. My office is only a few blocks from the start/finish area and thankfully we had free parking (woot woot!). The race started off pretty well. My miles spanned from 10:20mins to 16:00mins, but averaged 12:44's and finished in 2:47.

I'm happy with my time and thankful to have ran the whole thing with my sister and her hubby. It was awesome to have the company. I'm also thankful I'm able to hobble today because walking is not an option yet. I'm thankful for the ice packs at home and for the wonderful dinner/wine last night which also helped with recovery :-)

I love this picture! See the "I ROCK" from my sister, I'm just chilling and Mr. E is blowing kisses! I think this was at mile 11. We're looking strong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment