Thursday, October 14, 2010

Graphers and the special meaning of food

I sent the contract for the photographer today!!!
Now, the search for the wedding videographer is something to consider. I'm pretty sure I've settled on a company here in Denver. I emailed them yesterday and got the following reply:
"Hi Eliza. Thanks for contacting us. We'd love to get together to talk about your wedding in person or prefferably by phone. I just had a baby and I get out of the hospital on Friday. You could come over then, but talking on the phone would be better for us. Again, congrats on your engagement."
Um! Are you crazy!? Go Home! Get Settled! Enjoy your new family member!!! Maybe in a few weeks let's chat. My response was:
"Congrats to you and your family!!! We are in no rush and have about a year to plan. Please don't contact me until you are home, settled and back to work. Again, congrats on your baby!!!"
I knew she was due soon. I met her at a bridal show and she was well on her way in the 9 month process. I've emailed them and called a few times and they've been accommodating and responsive. I give them an A++++ for answering my email while in the hospital. That is waaaaaaaayyyyy above the call of duty. Not only do they have great videography, but they are good people :)
In other news, I had a chance to chat a little bit more with the adorable Korean couple that runs the cafe in my building. Elisa and, um, I actually don't how his name. Tomorrow I will find out, but for now I'll call him Mr. Cafe. They are always asking me "How are you!? When are you getting married?! How is your fiance?!". I asked them what Korean tradiditons they think are important to include. At this point, I have asked 4 different Koreans what I should do for a nod to Mr. P's culture. They have all answered with the same answer...FOOD! Yep, that's right. They all suggested different Korean dishes to serve. No wood ducks. No geese. No cranes or hand lanterns.
Mr. Cafe suggested we have pajeon which is like a pancake with onions, spices, and some kind of meat. One time Mr. P's mom made some and Mr. P brought them home. I thought they were pancakes and pulled out the maple syrup. Note to self: fish, onions, and korean spices don't go well with maple syrup. Soy sauce is a much better condiment for these delicious meat cakes. Mr. Cafe said we could include these as appetizers. He also said to make sure we have spicy Korean salad dressing which isn't as "watery" as Italian dressing, but "doesn't have as much mayonnaise as American" dressing. Oh yeah, and we should be sure to include meat on our salad or it's considered "common".
So, 4 people have said Korean food. Hmm....could this be a sign that we need to have a Korean rehearsal dinner? I wonder what my white family would think of kimchi or gogi gui. I bet they'll try it, and (maybe) LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment