Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My first blog!!!

I feel like such a dork for starting a blog, but I've had a BLAST looking at other wedding and family blogs so I decided it's my turn! I have a feeling this blog will be mostly wedding related (DIY and other planning) but will also include family, work and trying to stay in shape...for the wedding :-)
So far for the wedding I have picked out:
~Venue~

Hudson Gardens in Littleton is 30-acers of wonderful gardens. We hope to have the ceremony at Monet's Place and the reception in the Inn. When we meet with the venu on Saturday we'll finalize all the details. I'm so excited for this BEAUTIFUL venue!

~Date~
September 1, 2011

~Dress~
I won't be posted pictures here as Mr. P might want to look at the blog and I don't want to spoil the surprise. But, I can tell you I got it at a sample sale at Blue Bridal Boutique in Downtown Denver. They are GREAT! I love it and it will be perfect for a garden wedding.

~Theme~
Mr. P is a Wine Sommilier so it is only appropriate that we have a wine-themed wedding. Our invitations have grapes on them, our tables are named after fun wine regions, and our place cards and colors fit perfectly with the theme. More on these later...

~Stationary~

~Caterer~

We are going with Footer's Catering. They are a Denver-based company that has FANTASTIC food and excellent customer service. We like giving our money to local businesses.

~Menu~


Picking out the menu was Mr. P's FAVORITE part. Here is a picture of us starting our wonderful menu tasting! I might add that it was freaking amazing food! We will have wonderful choices for our guests and I can't wait to eat it all. I don't want to spoil the choices for our guests so I'll just keep my (watering) mouth shut!

~Place Card Holders~
I saw this awesome idea on WeddingBee and had to steal it! It goes perfectly with our wine-themed wedding!




~Guest List~
We are working on keeping the guest list from getting out of control, but it seems to be happening rather quickly! This has been the most difficult part about the whole wedding. My parents are divorced and remarried and Mr. P's family is a little split as well. I'm sure it will all work out, but we are trying to include everyone without breaking the bank!

~Colors/Linnens~

Our Colors are Purple, Burgundy and Champaign/Ivory. Here are the linnens we plan on using :-). We'll do the table linnens with the champaign and the napkins with purple with red roses for centerpieces. We might even alternate napkis to encorporate all the colors. We plan on having an ivory plate. I'm really excited to see how the all the candles with sparkle and shine off the campaign linnens!



~Centerpieces~
I've been leaning towards all white flowers, OR, one submerged red rose. Either way, each table will have lots of candles. The reception venue is rustic and romantic and we want to make it feel more intimate since it's a little big for our party. I'm anxious to see some centerpieces in person. It's hard to decide based on pictures from the internet.


I'm meeting with the photographer tomorrow and signing the contract for the venue on Saturday. I've been engaged for a little over a month. People think I'm crazy for going gung-hoe on the planning, but I'm just enjoying it so much! Not to mention I have an insanely busy work schedule from January through May. With a September 1st wedding, it's too late to start planning in May. The goal is to have most everything done by January. Whew! Here's hoping it all works as planned.


There are a few things that have been on my mind lately. Mostly the photography and wedding attire accesories and hair styles. I'm in love with the pictures from a potential photographer (David Lynn Photography). They are a married couple who specialize in weddings. I can't wait to meet them tomorrow!








I have a half marathon in 2 weeks and I'm not ready for it at all! I plan on getting a long run in this weekend (hopefully like 9-10 miles) so I can at least feel a bit ready for it.











No comments:

Post a Comment